Ever heard of Chicha? Neither had today’s host Carolyn. She and Katie (who’s making her Beer Ladies Podcast debut!) learn all about Chicha and the women who brewed it from our resident history buffs, Christina and Lisa. Expect to learn a bit about the history of Chicha, its standing within Incan society, and how it’s linked to sacrifice. Christina even has a homemade non-alcoholic variety, called Chicha Morada, for tasting tonight.
After Chicha, the ladies chat about beers they’re looking forward to for the upcoming season, Bram Stoker, and a few other funny historical tidbits. You know, the usual mix of planned and unplanned chats! 😉
- Whiplash – Bone Machine IPA, 6.2% ABV
- Hope Beer – Underdog Lager, 4.8% ABV
- The White Hag – Phantom Hazy IPA, 4.0% ABV
- Kasteel Brouwerij – Bacchus Frambozenbier, 5.0% ABV
- Western Herd Brewing Co. – Siege Pale Ale, 5.1 % ABV
- To Øl Brewing – Gose to Hollywood, 3.8% ABV
- Pick yourself up some awesome beer merch at Craft Geek!