In this week’s episode, Christina and Thandi chat with two prominent women in the Irish beer scene: Kellie Dawson and Erica Burke.
Kellie has just come off her presidency of the National Homebrew Club, the first woman to be in that position, and Erica is studying Brewing and Distilling and is doing some interesting beery work in the food science field. Both women came into beer from different angles and share some of their stories with us. We talk about what it’s like to be a woman in the beer industry, tackle some sexist behavior and chat about the different ways women can get involved in beer.
- Kinnegar Brewing – Devil’s Backbone Amber Ale, 4.9% ABV
- Wylam Brewery – Shouting at Strangers Amber Kviek, 5.8% ABV
- Western Herd Brewing Co. – Coast Road IPA, 5.5% ABV
- Dew Drop Brewhouse – No Fury Helles Lager, 4.2% ABV
- Dew Drop Brewhouse – Sleepy Head Oatmeal Stout, 4.0% ABV
- White Hag – Samhain Pumpkin Ale, 6.2% ABV
- Wicklow Wolf – Wildfire Hoppy Red Ale, 4.6% ABV
- Erica and Thandi are both sporting Craft Geek shirts. You can pick yours up at Craft Geek!