It’s Halloween and we can’t get enough of witchy tales and spooky stories! Following on from Episode 1: Hocus Pocus, It’s All Bogus, where Christina and Lisa busted the myth that Alewives are responsible for the modern stereotype of witches – this week they’re talking about what the connection really might be. Sarah hosts this one and learns about how Economics affected the way that women brewed beer, and whether alewives really were accused of being witches.
- Burning Sky Tail Crush, 3.0% ABV
- Dungarvan Brewing Co. Comeragh Challenger Gluten Free Ale, 3.8% ABV
- Brehon Brewhouse Ulster Black Oatmeal Stout, 5.0% ABV
- Witchcraft, Alewives, and Economics by Christina Wade
- Hen Droppings and Rosary Beads: The Tunning of Elynour Rummyng by Christina Wade
- Women and Men in the Brewer’s Guild of London by Judith M. Bennett