Spectacle, songs, sparkles… It’s the Eurovision 2021 with Katie, Lisa, and Thandi! We’ve got our beer poured and we’re so excited for the entries.
Bet you haven’t heard of half the groups that got their start in Eurovision. Or maybe you know them intimately. There’s politics, there’s gay culture, there’s rules, there’s human stories and campy fun. There’s even a Eurovision movie. Listen for a Beer Ladies Podcast exclusive – Katie’s scoresheet.
Kick back and relax with this low-pressure culture episode.
- Larkins, Wicklow – IPA 6.5% https://www.larkins.beer/shop/larkins-ipa
- Lervig, Norway – ‘Supersonic’ DIPA 8.5% https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/18604/282301/
- Einstöck, Iceland – ‘Icelandic’ Arctic Pale Ale 5.6% https://einstokbeer.com/our-brews/icelandic-arctic-pale-ale/
- BRÚ, Meath – Urban Jungle ‘Panda Nero’ Tiramisu Dessert Stout 7% https://www.brubrewery.ie/product/urban-jungle-panda-nero-cans/
- Mikkeller, Denmark – Game of Thrones ‘Iron Anniversary IPA’ https://mikkeller.com/news/mikkeller-partners-with-warner-for-game-of-thrones-beers
- Švyturys, Lithuania – Pilsner, 4.6% https://www.carlsberggroup.com/products/svyturys/svyturys-gintarinis/
- Official Eurovision website: https://eurovision.tv/
- AI-created Eurovision song: Robot Sings Eurovision Kitsch Composed by Oracle AI, Israelis
- Neil Hannon’s ‘other’ fake Eurovision song, Trafalgar – Trafalgar
- Irish Independent Beer Week is on at the same time: http://indiebeerweek.ie/