In this episode, Thandi, Carolyn, Sarah, and Bean are having a Lockdown Oktoberfest: Locktoberfest!
Each has chosen a beer that is seasonal and will talk about their choice. There’s a bonus beer there, because, well … it’s 2020, and there are no rules.
Expect to hear about the beers as well as:
Beer and food pairings
Who the best “UT” is?
Pumpkin spice and the “basic bitch” stereotypes
- Paulaner – Oktoberfest, 6.0% ABV
- Augustiner – Dunkel, 5.6% ABV
- Trouble Brewing – Pumpkin Brew Pumpkin Ale, 4.5% ABV
- O Brother – The Night Crawler Milk Stout, 4.5% ABV
- Wicklow Wolf – Apex S’mores, 8.0% ABV
- Autumn Brewed: Discover Pumpkin Beer by Christina Wade
- Pumpkin Beer History: Colonial Necessity to Seasonal Treat by Lisa Grimm
- Allusionist Podcast: https://www.theallusionist.org/tranquillusionist
- Wicklow Wolf spent hops used in a community garden project: https://www.independent.ie/regionals/braypeople/news/edible-bray-growing-food-across-the-town-38463978.html
- The subreddit Sarah mentioned: https://www.reddit.com/r/monkslookingatbeer
- Thandi’s hoodie (and other awesome beer-themed merch) can be found at Craft Geek