It’s official: The Beer Ladies love wort. Fermented, hopped, de-alcoholised, and otherwise… As long as it tastes lovely, Thandi, Christina, Katie, and Carolyn are here for it. Tag along as they try a self-curated selection of bottles and cans, and talk about the various ways non-alcoholic beers are made, now and in our dreams. We put ourselves out there to help you imagine the future of home-brew and the flavours that could be. So, do you want to try your brew heated, filtered, or a beverage brewed with slow-burn yeast? Or no yeast at all!
Things we spoke about in this episode:
- How alcohol-free beers are made (a few methods)
- Why AF beers normally suck
- Price expectations for AF beers
- Toxic drinking culture & how dry January has become a pressure-filled thing
- Note: Beers in this episode are under 0.5% unless otherwise indicated.
- Surreal Brewing Co. – Natural Bridges Kolsch Style
- Dungarvan Brewing Co.- Main Sail Pale Ale
- Stiegl – Freibier
- Erdinger – Alkoholfrei
- Perlenbacher – Non Alcoholic IPA
- Wicklow Wolf – Moonlight Non-Alcoholic Hoppy Ale
- BrewDog – Punk AF IPA
- Blue Moon – LightSky Citrus Wheat
- Big brands with an alcohol-free offering: Erdinger, Paulaner, Beck’s, Kaliber, Heineken; and Shandy, Ginger Beer, Root Beer, BrewDog’s Nanny State.
- Thandi mentioned alcohol-free canned gin and tonic from South Africa – The Duchess Drinks Studio
- And one more for the road to Texas at 3.9%, Celis Beers, Austin’s Low Low – Celis Beers
- The Virgin Mary Bar in Dublin, Ireland.